Overloaded Truck Accident Attorneys in Orange County
An overloaded commercial truck may be the most dangerous type of vehicle on the road.
In the competitive trucking industry, there are times when companies or drivers attempt to cut corners on safety regulations in order to save themselves time and money. A common way of doing this is violating federal weight regulations and overloading the trailer with cargo. This practice is extremely dangerous and often leads to accidents.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by an overloaded commercial vehicle, you need legal representation to get the justice you deserve. Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie is here to help. Trucking companies have a team of lawyers ready to protect their interests and keep you from getting the compensation you deserve. Get our veteran truck accident attorneys in your corner and let us fight for you. Give us a call at (949) 752-7474 and see how we can help.
Most drivers feel intimidated around large trucks because of their massive weight, size, and potential to do catastrophic damage in a collision. If a truck is overloaded, it not only increases the risk of an accident, but the extra weight can make the injuries even worse. Overloaded trailers lead to accidents because of these types of issues:
- Too much weight from the trailer can place strain on the truck’s axles and tires. This increases the chances of a break or blowout, leading to the driver losing control of the vehicle.
- Tractor-trailers already need a long stopping distance, so adding more weight increases the distance needed to brake and leads to traumatic rear-end collisions.
- Trucks traveling downhill with a too-heavy trailer are at risk of brake failure, since the brakes may not be strong enough to safely stop the vehicle as it is pulled forward by the incline.
Many people who are lucky enough to survive these incidents must endure serious disabilities for the rest of their lives and suffer a significant reduction in their quality of life. Common injuries suffered by accident victims include:
- Broken Bones - The powerful impact of a truck accident can easily shatter bones and leave victims with months or years of painful, expensive recovery.
- Back and Neck Injuries - Critical neck and back damage can result in months or even years of treatment or leave a victim permanently paralyzed.
- Lacerations - Cuts and related wounds can be excruciating for a victim, require extensive medical treatment, and leave lifelong scars that require reconstructive surgery.
- Internal Organ Injuries - Organs like the spleen, bladder, kidneys, and others can be horrifically damaged by the blunt force trauma in an overloaded truck accident.
- Traumatic Brain Injury - Blows to the head are fatal in many crashes, but even minor brain trauma can greatly affect a person's lifestyle, personality, and relationships with others.
- Wrongful Death - Fatalities are not uncommon for victims involved in overloaded trailer accidents. If a loved one has been killed in a wreck, you need an experienced truck accident lawyer to hold the liable parties accountable.
While the driver of an overloaded truck will likely carry some liability after an accident occurs, he/she is not the only party who can be held responsible. In most instances, the trucking company is found to be legally responsible for the accident after facts and details are revealed in an investigation. It is not unheard of for trucking companies to ignore the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s trailer weight regulations to increase delivery sizes and profit margins.
Trucking companies keep detailed records for all their trucks, including details of the truck’s cargo and deadlines. If you or a loved one was in an accident because of an overloaded truck, you need to take action right away to ensure a proper crash investigation is conducted. Trucking companies and their teams of lawyers will use every tactic in the book to try to avoid liability. You need an experienced personal injury attorney on your side to get you justice.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a collision with on overloaded truck, you need a top-notch Orange County car accident attorney. We urge you to contact our firm as soon as possible so we can get to work on your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie has won hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients since the 1970s. Our legal team has a track record of getting clients justice. Don’t wait another day to put this horrific accident behind you. Contact us at (949) 752-7474 to schedule a free case evaluation.
So, go on - call (888) 752-7474, or send over our free case
review form, even if you're not sure. We're here to help.