Truck Accident Lawyers in Orange County
Crashes involving semi-trucks, also called 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers, and big rigs, are more complicated than run-of-the-mill car accident cases.
Trucking companies and their insurers are aware of how badly an accident involving a tractor-trailer can injure you. That’s why they have damage assessment teams to defend them. While you were in transport to the hospital, their investigators were collecting evidence at the scene, interviewing witnesses, in an attempt to mitigate their liability for the accident.
You are at a significant disadvantage against the trucking industry. They will intimidate victims and deny legitimate claims, all in an effort to protect their bottom line. For this reason, we urge you to contact Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie’s experienced OC car accident attorneys at (949) 752-7474 right away. We’ll take over and go head-to-head with these powerful corporations, as we have for the last 40 years.
- Big rigs weigh 20 times as much as the average passenger vehicle – up to 80,000 pounds.
- Occupants of passenger vehicles suffer a majority of the injuries and deaths in crashes involving large trucks. Surviving family members may be able to file a wrongful death claim for compensation.
- Nearly 40% of large truck accidents occur when the front of the truck collides with the passenger vehicle. That shouldn’t be a surprise, since it takes a semi nearly twice as long to stop.
- The LA Basin has a much higher ratio of trucks to passenger cars than most metropolitan areas, because of our harbors and refineries. This puts Southern California residents at an increased risk of a collision with a large truck.
That depends on your specific situation, but we will examine all the options. Some truckers are independent contractors and drive their own rigs, while others lease their rig or drive a truck owned by a trucking company. Some crashes are caused by faulty parts or deferred maintenance; others are caused by companies violating federal regulations – for example, forcing their employees to drive in shifts longer than 11 hours. Still others are caused by inexperience, distracted driving, impaired driving, or poor judgment. It may be that a third party, like the company that loaded the vehicle, is also to blame.
Bringing a personal injury claim after a semi-truck crash in Orange County is often difficult, because there are multiple insurance companies involved, and none of them want to admit liability. That’s where we come in. Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie has been handling trucking claims since 1974. Commercial trucks have larger insurance policies than private vehicles; usually over $1 million in liability coverage. That money needs to go to victims, and we make sure it does.
If you've been injured in a truck accident in Costa Mesa or Orange County as a result of someone else's negligence, we urge you to contact us immediately to protect your rights, preserve critical evidence, and obtain necessary medical treatment. We can subpoena logbooks and demand evidence that most people don’t know to look for. We can then compare the data and records with what the company is telling you. If anything doesn’t add up, we’ll dig deeper. Here are some recent victories for our team:
- Our client sustained fractures to both legs when he drove around a curve on the freeway and struck a disabled trailer left in the road. We were able to establish that the trailer had a defect, causing it to detach from its tractor on the freeway. We could have settled for $300,000 on the trucker’s policy limits, but due to our diligence, the total settlement was $1.5 million from the trailer company’s policy.
- Our client was a bicyclist who was hit from behind by a truck, causing him a spinal fracture and significant rehabilitation time. We settled for the defendant’s policy limits of $1.15 million.
- Our client sustained severe pelvic and internal injuries after she was struck by a truck while standing on the corner of an intersection. The driver alleged she stepped off the curb after he had almost completed his turn, but we prevailed and settled the case for $2.7 million.
If you have a strong sense of fairness, and are looking for a lawyer you can trust, call Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie. We serve Orange County, and outlying areas of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. We offer trust, comfort, and assurance. When you call us, your consultation is free, and we do not charge a fee until we get you the compensation you deserve. Dial (949) 752-7474 today.
- When Is a Trucking Company Liable for an Accident?
- When Are Truck Drivers Liable for Accidents?
- Orange County Truck Accident Attorneys Discuss Dangers of Tractor-Trailers Executing U-Turns
Truck Accident Verdicts and Settlements
- $3,250,000 - Pedestrian struck by truck
- $1,150,000 - Bicyclist hit by truck
- $375,000 - Truck accident resulted in loss of pregnancy
Click here for more case results.
So, go on - call (888) 752-7474, or send over our free case
review form, even if you're not sure. We're here to help.