Orange County Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents happen every day, and while you should remain calm and think through your options, you do need to remember that insurance companies, even your own, have a financial incentive to pay you as little as possible or nothing at all. And, they will often delay your payment for as long as they can. If you are in a mild crash with only property damage, this can be an annoyance; but if you suffered injuries in a crash, it’s time to talk to an Orange County personal injury lawyer at Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie.
After your free consultation at our Newport Beach office, all your questions should be answered. We’ll take care of your case and keep you as informed as you’d like to be, but you should only have to worry about healing. Let us do the paperwork and grind out the maximum settlement on your behalf.
At Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie, our Orange County car accident attorneys have been helping drivers and passengers recover from auto accidents since 1974. In addition to legal expertise, we offer you the depth of experience that comes from over 40 years of investigating wrecks, arranging treatment with doctors and medical specialists in the area, and negotiating settlements with insurance companies. We know the local insurance companies, and they know us, too. The cases we handle include:
- Rear-end collisions: With all the distracted driving on our roads these days, rear-end accidents are increasingly common. Though these accidents may seem mild, they can cause serious soft tissue injuries like whiplash, which may not be apparent at first. Make sure you get checked out by a doctor after any collision, even a fender bender, if anything feels wrong.
- Side-impact collisions: T-bones, broadsides, and sideswipes are dangerous because the sides of our vehicles may not have airbags or crumple zones to protect us. Plus, if a car strikes you in the side, you’re likely to spin off into another vehicle, creating a chain-reaction accident. In these cases, liability can be complex, and it’s important to untangle who truly caused the collision to begin with, even though multiple insurance companies may end up covering the costs.
- Head-on collisions: These accidents usually involve the most force, and can be very violent. In such collisions, you’re likely to suffer catastrophic (meaning life-changing) injuries. At high speeds, these crashes are likely to be fatal. If your loved one was killed in a head-on collision in Orange County, please reach out to our experienced attorneys. You may be eligible for a wrongful death claim.
- Run off the road: Even if another car didn’t hit you, it may have cut you off or otherwise forced you off the road, causing a single-vehicle accident. Needless to say, this behavior makes that driver liable, but proving these claims is more difficult. The more eyewitnesses (and the sooner our investigators get to the scene), the better your chances of recovering compensation.
- Hit-and-run: We’re right next to the hit-and-run capital of the nation: Los Angeles. In fact, Orange County also sees thousands of these accidents every year. If you have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, it should help if the at-fault driver isn’t caught. We can explore all the avenues of compensation open to you.
But there are other scenarios, as well. For example, one of our client’s vehicle overturned after it struck construction plates in the middle of a highway lane, causing it to flip over. Our client sustained a spinal cord injury. We were able to establish that the plates were not installed properly, and the city in question settled the claim for $390,000.