Orange County Dog Bite Attorneys
In California, children between 1 and 6 years old are most likely to be bitten by dogs, and in Orange County, we’ve seen way too many of these cases. In addition to causing skin and tissue damage (including serious scarring and disfigurement), a bite can introduce germs into the victim’s system, which could cause a mild infection or a severe, often-fatal disease: rabies. It’s a sad fact that most bites occur in private residences, perpetrated by an animal known to the victim, rather than at a public place, like Laguna Canyon Dog Park.
If you or your child were bitten at a dog park or while walking down the street, don’t wait. Contact Allen Flatt Ballidis & Leslie at (949) 752-7474. Our team has worked closely with the Orange County medical community for over 40 years, and we can refer you to the most adept surgeons and specialists to ensure you receive the best possible treatment. We can also pursue a personal injury claim on your behalf, taking no payment until we get you the compensation you deserve. We will answer any questions you may have in a free consultation.
If you've been injured, or lost a loved one due to a dog attack, we urge you to contact us immediately. You can help yourself by:
- Getting immediate medical attention.
- Contacting the police and animal control about the injury and requesting a copy of these reports.
- Taking down the name and contact information of the dog’s owner, and requesting the dog’s vaccination history.
- Taking down the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Taking photos of the animal responsible, the area where the attack occurred, and your injuries.
- Keeping your clothing, personal property, or other items damaged in the attack.
We can protect your rights, preserve critical evidence, and obtain necessary medical treatment for you. Our personal injury attorneys have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements over the past 40 years. When we represent you, we take care of everything. All you have to do is focus on healing.