Orange County Rental Car Accident Attorneys
Being involved in an accident while driving a rental car is a complex and stressful situation.
Being involved in a car accident is already a difficult circumstance to deal with, but especially if one vehicle was a rental car. Like an accident between two private vehicles, you must immediately get medical treatment, call the police to the scene, and inform your insurance provider about the accident. However, the fact that a vehicle has been rented will add some complications, particularly when it comes to insurance and the additional parties involved.
Here at Allen Flatt Ballidis & Leslie, we understand how difficult being involved in an accident can be, even if the other driver is at fault. If you or a loved one has been involved in a traffic collision with a rental car, contact our legal team at (949) 752-7474. We are able to help you deal with the different parties involved and protect your rights.
When a rental vehicle is involved in an accident, the following parties may be involved in determining liability and making claims:
- Rental Car Company - Due to the rental car company having ownership and them holding the insurance coverage, they are the first party to go to after a rental car crash.
- Credit Card Issuer - Credit card issuers may be involved if the driver of the rental opted to use credit card coverage.
- Supplemental Insurance Provisions - If the renter of the vehicle opted to take on a supplemental insurance plan provided by the rental agency, then that insurance company may be involved following an accident.
There are several ways to recover compensation after a rental car accident, depending on the available coverage.
- Personal Insurance Coverage - If you have full coverage on your personal vehicle, many insurance providers allow you to automatically transfer that coverage to the car you are renting.
- Supplemental Insurance (provided by the rental agency) - All rental agencies have different types of rental coverage that can protect you from being liable for an accident, by paying an extra fee before renting.
- Credit Card Insurance - If the driver used a credit card to rent a car, many credit card companies offer rental car coverage to protect the renter from liability.
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident that was not your fault, then you definitely need a lawyer. Negotiating with the various parties involved in a rental car accident is a difficult task. The experienced Orange County car accident attorneys at Allen Flatt Ballidis & Leslie have over 40 years’ experience fighting for accident victims and their families. Let us deal with the insurance and rental companies, while you focus on getting your life back on track. Call us at (949) 752-7474 and learn how we can help you reduce your stress levels.
Rental Car Company Liability Verdicts and Settlements
- $550,000 - Wrongful death involving an accident with a rental car
Click here for more case results.
So, go on - call (888) 752-7474, or send over our free case
review form, even if you're not sure. We're here to help.