Costa Mesa Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents have become a common sight on U.S. roadways, and Costa Mesa is no exception. In a single recent year, 11 vehicles and 12 people were involved in fatal traffic crashes in our city, as reported at City-Data.com. Distracted, impaired, or otherwise negligent drivers put other motorists at risk. If you have been injured in a car accident caused by another driver, you have a right to pursue compensation for your losses.
A traffic crash can happen in any number of ways. The following are some common types of car accidents:
Road and weather conditions can be contributing factors, but most car accidents are caused by some type of driver error or negligence. Common causes of auto accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Anything that diverts the driver’s attention away from operating a motor vehicle is dangerous. Texting while driving is particularly alarming, as it requires manual, visual, and cognitive awareness. Driver distraction claimed 3,166 lives in the U.S. in a single recent year, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Impaired driving: It is against the law everywhere in the U.S. to drive under the influence of alcohol, methamphetamines, marijuana, opioids, or any potentially impairing drug, whether it is illegal, prescription, or over the counter.
- Drowsy driving: Driving when you have not slept for 20 or more hours is equivalent to driving with a blood alcohol concentration of .08%, the legal limit, as stated by the National Safety Council. Sleep deprivation can dramatically affect a driver’s reaction time, awareness of hazards, and the ability to sustain attention.
- Aggressive driving: This combination of dangerous driving behaviors may include speeding, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, failing to yield the right-of-way, and failing to obey traffic signs and signals. Aggressive driving puts everyone on the roadways at risk.
If you have been hurt in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries. Your best chance of recovering the maximum compensation available under the law is to have an experienced Costa Mesa personal injury lawyer by your side. Our legal team can handle the details of your case, deal with the insurance companies on your behalf, and fight to protect your rights, while you focus on recovering from your accident.
- At Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie, we start planning your case from the initial meeting, and, unlike other lawyers, we keep you informed of the status in real-time.
- Our firm was founded in 1974, and our attorneys have more than four decades of experience.
- We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Call us at (949) 752-7474 to schedule a consultation with a Costa Mesa auto accident attorney. There are no time limits or restrictions on your initial meeting with us.
So, go on - call (888) 752-7474, or send over our free case
review form, even if you're not sure. We're here to help.