If My Insurance Company Is Not Giving Me the Treatment Approval I Need for My Accident Injuries What Can I Do?
A California Personal Injury Attorney Guides You Through the Process
Health insurance companies are routinely denying coverage for various medical procedures that should be covered after an automobile accident. Depending on the severity of the injury, here are some recommendations that should be tried by the client if you feel you want to handle this matter without hiring an attorney. Of course if you want to hire an attorney, call us.
To get approval of the treatment through your health insurance, the following steps should be taken:
- Read your plan and determine what process you should use to complain about denial of coverage.
- Understand the appeals process and bring a claim for appeal if the denial of coverage is unjustified.
- Have your doctor contact or write a letter on your behalf explaining why the treatment is necessary and why it should be a part of your medical protocol.
- The squeaky wheel sometimes gets the oil so write frequently and often and continue up the chain of command until you get approval.
- Don’t hesitate in a California accident to contact the California Department of Human Resources as well as the state HMO governing board. Their claims process is lengthy, but can provide a real resolution or solution to a problem.
We offer free medical resolution management of health insurance coverage issues, because they are an integral part of seeing that our client receives a fair and just resolution to their personal injury case.
If you have been the victim of an automobile accident and your insurance company is not approving the treatment you need, contact an Orange County personal injury attorney for help.
by James E. Ballidis
James Ballidis is the managing attorney for Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie and has been practicing personal injury law for over 35 years.
If you need assistance or want to speak to an attorney about your accident or injury, call (888) 752-7474 or contact us.
So, go on - call (888) 752-7474, or send over our free case
review form, even if you're not sure. We're here to help.
You were wonderful throughout my case. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the process so that I could feel comfortable. When I was hurt, I really did not know where to turn and Suzanne was comforting and knowledgable. Thanks again for all you did.