California Ranked as The Fourth Most Bicycle-friendly State
According to the California Bicycle Coalition, California is ranked as the fourth most bicycle-friendly state by the League of American Bicyclists 2022 Report. However, bicycle accidents still happen all too frequently. To prevent injuries, here are some California laws all bikers should know:
- Always ride with traffic.
- Use the bike lane when present, unless you are making a left turn, or the bike lane is too hazardous to travel on safely.
- You may “take the lane” if moving slower than traffic, and the lane is too narrow to share with a vehicle safely.
- You are never allowed to ride your bike on a freeway.
- Hitching a ride with a car is never permitted.
- Whether you are allowed to ride your bike on the sidewalk or not is determined by your county or your city.
Even if you aren't sure you have a case, give us a call at (888) 752-7474, or fill out our Free Case Review below.
We are here to help.