With Summer In Full Swing Now…Swim Until Your Heart Is Delighted!
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, swimming is the fourth most popular recreational activity in the United States and for good reason. Swimming is an aerobic exercise that has been linked to tremendous health and wellness benefits and we’d like to share those with you!
Physical and Mental Health Benefits
Swimming helps you feel good, both emotionally and physically, and incorporating swimming into your routine provides these types of benefits and many others!
- A full-body workout—Swimming can increase flexibility, as well as help build and tone muscles—specifically your glutes, arms, core, back and legs.
- An intense calorie burn—Going on a leisurley swim for 30 minutes can help you burn over 200 calories.
- A relaxed body and mind—The constant stretching and flexing of your muscles while swimming can relieve pressure on your body, helping you feel more relaxed.
- A relief from stress, depression and anxiety—Working out releases endorphins, hormones that give you the feeling of being happy.
Swimming is a low-impact sport, ideal for people with injuries, disabilities and chronic illnesses. Unlike other physical activities, swimming actually alleviates pressure on your joints and muscles. Additionally, water supports about 90% of your body weight when swimming, making it easier for you to perform different motions.
Fighting Chronic Conditions and Diseases
Not only does swimming make exercise accessible to those with restrictions, but it can reduce and even prevent certain diseases and chronic conditions from happening at all. Swimming has been shown to provide these benefits to your mind, body, and soul:
- Relieve and improve arthritis pain
- Decrease the risk of heart disease (Type two diabetes and stroke)
- Lower cholesterol
- Reduce brain fog and increase clearer thinking
- Enhance quality of life
Anyone Can Do It
Swimming is a sport that people of all ages can enjoy and there are many venues to enjoy swimming these days! Check out your local recreation or fitness center to find the closest pool near you to get started on your journey to wellness and swim until your heart is delighted!
Even if you aren't sure you have a case, give us a call at (888) 752-7474, or fill out our Free Case Review below.
We are here to help.