Swim Safe: Seven Tips To Prevent Drowning Deaths in Orange County
Every year, more than 3,000 people drown in the U.S. Most drowning deaths are preventable. The OCFA and the Orange County wrongful death attorneys at Allen Flatt Ballidis & Leslie offer these drowning prevention tips.
These tips should be used in built-in pools, spas, inflatable pools and at the beach or lake.
- Pools should be fenced and have a pool alarm. They should be kept covered when not in use.
- Always assign an adult to watch the children. The adult should avoid distractions, especially cell phone use or texting.
- When swimming, have a swimming buddy and look out for each other.
- Never combine drinking and swimming.
- Never dive into unfamiliar water. Always jump feet first.
- Wear a life jacket when boating.
- Be prepared for an emergency.
We hope these tips will help you and your loved ones enjoy the water and have a safe and happy summer.
For information about swimming pool injuries, drowning, and wrongful death lawsuits, contact Allen Flatt Ballidis & Leslie at 866-981-5596.
Even if you aren't sure you have a case, give us a call at (888) 752-7474, or fill out our Free Case Review below.
We are here to help.